Happy Friday and weekend! This week seems to have flown by and I am not sure I got a lot done this week! I have a final presentation for a business class I’m taking, so I decided to dress up a little for my presentation in a few hours with a cute navy blue blazer and some gold accents! And to pair with some nice makeup, I created a Brown smokey eye look with a pop of some blue/green color!
And at the bottom of the post I announce the winner of the Anjolee Necklace Giveaway!
Here is a tutorial for this look created using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia palette I have had for some time now! I also created a double winged look, which I think adds a nice chic touch! I lined the lower lid with my liquid liner so I had to be careful, and then used eye pencil to line the inner lower lid!
I really enjoy this palette for the really pretty exotic color palette, and the nice combination of looks you can create! All of the shades are pretty matte though, even the ones with some shimmer in them, so they are great for creating a subtle smokey look! Feel free to create the same look with similar shades from a different palette!
Here’s the tutorial!
1. First, prime your lids with some type of eye shadow primer, I chose to use Urban Decay Primer potion.
2. Sweep (1) Warm Taupe across the inner corner of the lid, to start the subtle smokey look!
3. Dab (2) Glisten slightly in the inner/middle lid and a little on the other side, leaving some space in the middle for (3) Aqua, to get some pigment. I tried to pack on Aqua in order to get some more pigment – these colors are a little matte so theyre a little hard to pack on!
4. Add (4) Caramel to the crease line, to try to blend and increase the smokey effect. Use your fat brush to blend into the crease and with the other colors.
5. I dabbed my brush in (5) Sienna and slightly in (5) Deep Brown to get deep color to put on the outside corner, and shape it into a V or a C, moving in slightly toward the crease and toward the lashline. Try to blend together to create the subtle smokey look!
6. Line the upper lid with a liquid liner, bringing it to a cat eye if you like.
7. I also lined the lower lash line with liquid liner, being careful to create a thin line, and winged it out as well.
8. I then used a black eyeliner pencil to line the inner lower rim of my eye to finish the look!
9. Coat your lashes with mascara and enjoy your look! I used Urban Decay Perversion Mascara with Subversion Lash Primer!
And here is the numbered pictorial!
And here is a lower quality cell-phone selfie I took in lab in preparation of my presentation!
And last but not least! The winner of the Anjolee necklace giveaway is…. Mirian Gonzales!! I will be emailing you shortly!
Thanks so much for everyone for entering! I had a lot of entries and it was hard to decide who to choose so I selected a random winner after validating all of the entries!
I hope to bring more giveaways to you all soon!
Have an amazing weekend everyone!