Happy mother’s day this coming Sunday to all the lovely mums and mums to be!
I unfortunately won’t be able to spend it with my lovely mom because she is all the way across the country in Boston, but I will be there in spirit and have already sent her a card, and may just send her a bouquet of flowers or a care package later with some gifts! It’s a little hard to send a lot of gifts when you are so far away, but the post office is always around the corner!
Here are some of my gift ideas for my mom, and hopefully some inspiration for you to get for your mom/wife/daughter/best friend/anyone in your life that you are celebrating this weekend!
1. Flowers – While I hate buying in to the whole holiday get flowers thing for like Valentine’s day and other holidays, when you are so far away from your family, sometimes flowers mean the world. I like to send my mom flowers to her work to surprise her, and I have in the past on her birthday, particularly because she doesn’t expect it. And my mom works a lot, so it’s more likely to make an impact sitting on her desk 🙂 There are lots of floral shops you can order flowers online, so even being across the country I can order from a local florist online and have it delivered within a few hours!
2. Cards – Cheesy sometimes, but again, when so far away, it shows that you are thinking of mom! A nice personalized message inside to tell her how much you appreciate her and miss her, can mean a lot!
3. Jewelry – I tend to not like necklaces that say ‘Mom’ on them, but if it floats your boat, go for it! I float towards jewelry that can be worn with various things, and such I would shop for my mom with such a necklace! These cute wish, love necklaces are perfect, and add just the right touch to a casual simple outfit!
Gift Ideas for Mom – Mother’s Day Inspiration by andreah227
4. T-shirt/Top/Blouse – I like buying my mom some pretty tops, not necessarily saying Mom on them, but I know she wears nice tops, so it is always a good gift! I thought this top was very cute, and I would totally buy this “Best Mom Ever” top for my mom. Not sure if she would wear it out (haha!) but she would appreciate it!
5. Perfume – Another go-to gift that I buy for my mom (although can be expensive) is perfume. My mom loves perfume, and I know what her favorites are. Everytime we would walk into Victoria’s Secret she gravitates towards the Bombshell perfume. Not one to buy for herself, she would never buy the perfume. I surprised her one year by getting her a full sized Bombshell perfume! She was in love and super excited! What’s your mom’s favorite perfume? Surprise her! And if a Eau de parfum is too expensive, you can always go with the Body Spray/Eau de toilet!
6. Charm Bracelet – Something that I recently started liking (and I may be late to the parade) is Pandora Charm Bracelets. They are rather pricy, and the charms cost a bit, but it can be a nice, creative gift, that mom can start a collection of her favorite charms! Just have to buy the bracelet and a charm or two to start her off! And you can always find some cheaper charms on Amazon or something if you want to complete the bracelet faster! And there are always other brands too that are similar to Pandora if you want something cheaper!
7. Coffee Mug – My mom LOVES coffee. She drinks 5-6 cups a day. I love buying her cute mugs to have her coffee in, and she even still has mugs I got her years ago! Another option is a to-go coffee mug, if your mom likes to take the coffee to go on the way to work! Reusable is green, so go for it!
This post is making me miss my mom… hopefully one year I can afford a plane ticket to surprise her on mother’s day and spend the day (or weekend) with her!
How are you celebrating Mother’s Day this year? Are you getting a gift or doing something special for the mom in your life? Let me know in the comments below!
Off the shoulder top
Bling Jewelry bracelet charm
Nordstrom Rack chain necklace
Nordstrom Rack chain necklace
Victoria s Secret victoria secret perfume
Mothers day mug
$19 – notonthehighstreet.com
Ann Taylor Rifle Paper Co. Mother’s Day Card
Outside home decor
Love this post! My mother always just wants flowers, as she doesn't want us to buy her big things. And who doesn't want flowers? 😉 X
Great picks! Funny thing is that the VS perfume you posted is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE perfume! My husband calls it my signature scent.
Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’
I still don't know what to give to my mom but I'm thinking of giving her a cake. Thanks for these suggestions. I might giver a shirt too 🙂
Have a great day!
Thanks, this list is so helpful! I especially love that coffee mug and a chain necklace. Flowers are definitely a must for every Mom:)
Great ideas! I love to surprise my mom with yellow roses while she's at work. It's always unexpected and I enjoy her blissful reaction.
Happy Saturday 🙂
What a great collection of lovely gifts! I always love receiving a beautiful card with a personal hand-written message of love inside. There's nothing like it! 🙂 T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com
love your picks sweetie!! happy mothers day 🙂
kisses from dubai ♥