Happy Friday loves!
I’m SO happy its Friday, and it’s a long weekend here in the US, Memorial Day weekend!
I am going on a little mini trip with the boyfriend, to get away from work and stresses and just relax! Where am I going? Can you guess from the Style board posted below???
Also, I have some great news, my paper is finally accepted in the Journal of Biological Chemistry!! It will be online sometime soon, but it is just in time for me to present my research at an international research conference in July in BARCELONA!!!!! It has always been a dream of mine ever since I was in high school to go to Barcelona, and now it is happening, on a business trip nonetheless, but I will be able to explore the city (and bring you MORE conference/work fashion when the time comes!). I also will be jet setting off to the greek islands right after the conference to visit my family for a week and a half, so I AM SO EXCITED!!! I have needed a vacation since I went to Hawaii last September, so I am way over due, even with this little mini getaway this weekend with the boy!
Well, since my trip is 2 months away, I am day dreaming about afternoons on the beach, with no cares in the world. I LOVE research and it’s my passion, but sometimes you need to step away from the bench and unplug for a week or two (or three!). Here is going to be my uniform this weekend and in July when I am traveling and on the beach: I have picked out some bikinis and cover ups and accessories! Barcelona also has some beautiful beaches so I am sure I can double use outfits for both my island excursion and Barcelona!
Beach Trip Essentials – Summer Lovin’
1. Bikinis – I love love love detail on bikini tops, and while it is nice to have a matching set, for the last year or two I have been splurging on cute bikini tops that match with one black bottom that I wear and match with multiple suits! It’s super easy (and cheaper on the bank account!), and it’s really cool to be able to pack less and still be rather stylish! I love all of these really cute, unique detailed tops! Which do you like??
2. Crop tops and flowy tops – Since I am planning on living in my bikini, what about a nice cute top to cover up? I love the ombre, as I have posted about before, and fringe tops (sorry, I am like a broken record), and stripes!! A floppy hat will be perfect too for sitting in the sun to protect my face!
3. Shorts – Since I live in the lab all year, I barely get to wear shorts anymore. But I want to invest in a cute pair of denim shorts (I don’t think I have worn denim shorts in years, sadly!). I also love these lace trimmed shorts too, I have had my eye on them and the trend the last year or so!
4. Sunglasses – I love getting a new pair of sunnies, and this is the perfect occasion. I have been rewearing my favorite sunglasses for years now and they are kind of dead/broken from overuse. So, I am planning on buying a new pair, doesn’t have to be designer or expensive, but these are the styles I think that suit me best!
5. Tote bag – I am obsessed with tote bags. I carry them to work as my work bag, and I love carrying them to the beach with all of my stuff! Granted, the ones I selected here are kind of expensive so not sure if I would bring these specific ones to the beach, but they are super cute and I would look for similar patterned bags to buy!
Ah, let the day dreaming begin. I bought my tickets yesterday, so I am still on cloud nine just thinking about my little summer get away!
What do you think? Anything that I missed?
Are you getting some time off to go anywhere this summer? Know of any places I SHOULD check out in Barcelona!?!
Let me know in the comments below!
BTW- My Anjolee Neckalce Giveaway ends Sunday night at 11:59 pm – go over and enter while you still can! I will announce the winner in my next post, Monday or Tuesday of next week!
Have a great weekend!
And the Items I selected in the style board:
Topshop petite shirt
Fitted crop top
White and black striped shirt
Agent Provocateur gold bikini
$195 – agentprovocateur.com
Crop bikini top
White lace shorts
Pacha black tankini top
$35 – riverisland.com
Lipsy swim suit top
$35 – lipsy.co.uk
Abercrombie Fitch black swimsuit
Miss Selfridge bathing suits two piece
Distressed high waisted shorts
Chanel summer handbag
Kate Spade beach tote bag
Acne Studios tortoise sunglasses
$365 – mytheresa.com
STELLA McCARTNEY thick glasses
Fendi tinted glasses
$285 – youheshe.com
Ray Ban ray ban eyewear
$195 – veryexclusive.co.uk
Dorothy Perkins black floppy hat
$28 – theiconic.com.au